Summer is a trying season for facial skin. During this time, the oil glands become hyperactive due to the increased temperature and humidity. And when it happens, your skin becomes, oily, dull, and with blemishes, and if the skin is left without proper care, it can lead to premature aging. This is why you need proper skincare during summer.
The increased temperature during summer, and in combination with humidity, can cause the oil glands (sebaceous glands) to increase the gland’s activities, resulting in oilier skin (for individuals with oily skin) or appear dry and patchy (for individuals with dry skin). Also, during summer, you are prone to the following facial skin problems:
- Darkened facial skin
- Acne or pimple
- Facial dark spots or blemishes
- Clear signs of premature aging.
So, how will you take care of your skin this summer? Here is how:
#1: Know your skin type
The first thing you need to do is know your skin type. Do you have oily skin? Or is it always dry and patchy? If you can determine your skin type, your next step is to choose the right facial products appropriate to the season, but not overlooking what is ideal for your skin type.
#2: Change your facial cleanser
During winter, you need to look for a facial wash that can help nourish your skin, preventing it from becoming dry and patchy. Meanwhile, during summer, your top priority is to prevent the skin to appear oilier or look drier.
- If you have oily skin, you need to use a facial cleanser that can help prevent clogging of the pores. Due to the increased production of facial oil during summer, the pores get easily clogged by the oil and dirt, causing acne or pimple. So, choose a foaming cleanser that helps unclogged pores, preferably a cleanser that contains salicylic acid.
- If you have dry skin, you need a non-foaming cleanser to prevent skin redness and patches. Also, it is advisable to wash your face twice per day.
- Lastly, if you have normal skin, you may consider a gel-based facial cleanser. Also, do not forget to wash your face twice a day to feel refreshed.
#3: Try wearing sunscreen
Sunscreen is vital during summer. It protects the skin from skin damage due to the scorching heat of the sun. Preferably choose a sunscreen with a broad UV spectrum of at least SPF 30. Apply sunscreen at least twice a day.
#4: Always keep hydrated
Water is vital during summer; it is essential for overall health. And when it comes to the skin, adequate intake of water per day can help nourish the skin and helps prevent acquiring the signs of premature aging.
Other than water intake, you may also try using facial hydrating masks. Most of these masks are formulated to repair damaged facial skin cells and help rehydrate the skin. However, you need to choose the right hydrating mask for your skin type.
#5: Wear a lighter makeup
During summer, you need to wear lighter makeup to allow the skin to breathe. At this website http://youngerskinguide.com/, you’ll find useful makeup and skincare tips appropriate for the season.
#6: Eat healthy foods
During summer, it is wise to avoid oily and fatty foods. Nourish your skin with a healthy diet. This will help you beat up the effects of increased temperature this summer.