Wearing a suit and a sharply pressed pair of pants is only a fraction of what men must do to look their best. To complete that handsome and classy look, one should wear the perfect pair of shoes.
A dress shoe can transform a casual style into something elegant and more. However, wearing the wrong pair of shoes can also ruin the look you are trying to show. That is why you need to find the right pair of shoes, especially if you are going to a special event.
One of the most popular dress shoes nowadays is the classic oxford shoe. Many men prefer this option because of its versatility. You can wear it for both casual and formal events. Likewise, it is strong enough to last in a tough work environment.
Notice that there are several brands of oxford shoes in the market. If you want a pair of oxford shoes that is perfect for all types of occasion, there are a few things you have to remember when shopping. Below are the reminders you must consider when selecting a classic oxford shoe.
#1 Know the Different Types of Oxford Shoes
Oxford shoes come in various types. The difference between these oxford shoes is style and design. Some are more elegant, while others are ideal for casual outings. The different types of oxford shoes include:
- Plain-Toe- The cleanest and most elegant design of Oxford shoes. It is the best choice for black-tie events and other formal occasions.
- Cap-toe- This design is ideal for business events. It is also a good choice for formal occasions.
- Wingtip- This type of oxford shoes features a decorative M-shaped cap. The edges extend to the sides of the shoe giving it a classy but less formal look. A wingtip oxford shoes work for smart-casual clothing and as office wear.
- Balmoral- The design is somewhat similar to wingtip but lacks broguing. This type of oxford shoe is suitable for casual gatherings.
- Whole-cut- It features a sleek appearance and good all-rounder footwear.
#2 Durable Material
Always remember that shoes are also an investment. Thus, choose one that came from strong and long-lasting materials, especially if you need a pair of oxford shoes for your job.
#3 Comfortable Footbed
No one in the right mind would select a pair of shoes that only bring discomfort to their feet. As you keep on browsing, consider handpicking a pair of oxford shoes with cushioned footbed. Also, make sure the shoe is breathable and allows your feet to flex and move comfortably.
Some dress shoes are a bit heavy, which are uncomfortable as office wear. If you need a pair of oxford shoes for work, find one that is lightweight. Go for options that allow you to walk with ease.
#5 Reasonable Pricing
Know that high-quality dress shoes are not cheap. But, there are options out there at a reasonable price. You can check out examples of these oxford shoes here at Comfortable Dress Shoes.
Do you need more details on how to find the best oxford shoes? See the options, reviews, and tips on this website.